Your cart is currently empty.
A Cozy Hot Cocoa CBD Recipe to Soothe Yourself This Winter: Healthy, Delicious and Guilt-Free!
Drinking hot cocoa is one of the greatest, most comforting rituals to make winter days warmer and cozier and, truth be told, there may be no better recipe to snuggle up with a good book or movie. But before we share the magic, you may be wondering whether CBD oil extract + hot cocoa is right for you, and the answer is yes.
Both cocoa and cbd oil extract carry benefits of their own and have been used since ancient times as powerful supplements to improve overall health. When it comes to beverages, however, it’s important to remember that hemp oil is absorbed differently than when taken sublingually; the process would be the same as with edibles or capsules: it may take a bit longer to kick in but is released over a longer period of time.
In the specific case of hot cocoa + hemp oil, phytocannabinoids and terpenes will enhance flavors of the chosen ingredients besides chocolate, like spices or nuts. Moreover, if you choose to include nuts and/or whole milk, the fat will also help increase the drink’s bioavailability, i.e., how readily your body will absorb all the benefits.
Both cocoa and CBD oil extract carry benefits of their own and have been used since ancient times as powerful supplements to improve overall health.
On another note, we are aware it may be difficult to find healthy options amongst the average processed, sugary cocoa powders, so here are some amazing tips to make this recipe healthier, guilt-free and absolutely delicious!
Ready for the hacks?
1. Choose dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is the best option for those who are not into dairy, plus it’s rich in powerful components that boost brain functions and memory, improve heart health and lower blood sugar levels (“Dark Chocolate”, n.d.).
2. Spice it up: Spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cayenne, turmeric, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves will add special notes to your drink and offer anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
3. Go nuts!: Nuts are all you need to make your hot cocoa tasty and creamy thanks to its healthy fats, which will also give you a long-lasting, satiating feeling.
4. Boost your drink: Hot drinks are great to sneak in superfoods and optimizers such as powder blends and CBD Oil Extract which dissolve homogeneously in the mix. 5. Blennnnnd: This step is absolutely vital for your cocoa to be extra thick, creamy and foamy!
Guilt-free hot cocoa? With our healthy hacks, absolutely!
Prep time: 5 min
1 oz dark chocolate
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
12 oz whole organic milk or non-dairy milk such as almond, coconut, cashew or macadamia
1 pinch sea salt
2-3 drops of Hola CBD Oil Extract Tincture
1 tbsp nut butter of choice (hazelnut, almond or cashew)
¼ tbsp spice of choice (cardamom, cinnamon, cayenne, turmeric, ginger, nutmeg or cloves)
Sweetener to taste. Dates are a good, natural option: use 1-2 dates, pitted and chopped
1. Heat a small pot over medium heat and stir the dark chocolate until melted. Then stir the cocoa powder to form a paste.
2. Add the milk, sea salt and optional ingredients of choice.
3. Let warm over the stove-top at medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Be careful: Don’t let it boil!
4. Once everything is warm and mixed, pour into a blender, add Hola CBD Oil Extract Tincture and blend until it’s thick and creamy.
5. Serve in a mug and enjoy the love!