5 Things made out of hemp you didn’t know existed! Part 1.
In Hola, we believe there’s a better and more productive way of living, that protects lives + the environment.
That makes us huge fans of hemp, a wonderful plant that offers sustainable alternatives in more fields than you know. Here are 5 things made out of hemp you didn’t know existed. Which one would you like to try?
- Clothes: The cotton vs. hemp historical war is very popular for a reason. Hemp is a much better quality and cheaper option for clothing than cotton will ever be. It’s more breathable, the most durable fiber to date, and requires 50% less water to grow. Cotton also is responsible for the use of 25% of the world’s pesticides. Hemp? Its production process requires no pesticides at all.
- Hemp Straws: You’ve probably seen videos about how plastic straws are an environmental disaster. They’ve been quickly substituted by paper straws that… let’s just say it, can dissolve in your drink and leave a funny after taste. Hemp straws on the other hand feel exactly like plastic ones and break down after 120 days.
Ask your favorite restaurant for biodegradable, hemp-based take out options, the ocean will thank you.
- Hemp disposable utensils: We had to do a separate category for these because under lockdown, most of us are getting more food deliveries than ever before. Ask your favorite restaurant for biodegradable hemp-based options, the ocean will thank you.
- Vegan gummies: we all know the benefits of Cannabidiol (CBD) and why hemp oil extract products are great for you. Hola offers delicious, vegan gummies packed with this amazing molecule to boost your day, the easy way.
- Dog toys, collars and leashes: if your dog could choose not to trash the environment, it probably would. Most dog toys, collars and leashes are made out of plastic or synthetic materials that will be underground for hundreds of years before they start to degrade. Brands like Planet Dog make all these items using hemp rope, the most durable (impossible to break) rope ever made.
“Most dog toys, collars and leashes are made out of plastic or synthetic materials that will be underground for hundreds of years before they start to degrade. Brands like Planet Dog make all these items using hemp rope”.
- Babson, K., Sottile, J. and Morabito, D., 2017. Cannabis, Cannabinoids, And Sleep: A Review Of The Literature. [online] PubMed. Available at: <https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28349316/> [Accessed 13 August 2020].